I love stir fried noodles, sometimes known as mookpatz.
This is one of my favorite recipes made with these delicious soba noodles. Try it and let me know what you think.
- 250 gram dry noodles- soba noodles, linguini, or rice noodles
- 1 small bunch asparagus
- 125 grams snow peas
- 1 small bunch broccolini – or sub broccoli or green beans
- 250-500 grams edamame (shelled)
- 300 grams baked tofu (or seared tofu, pressed tofu, or substitute chicken breast
- 3-4 generous handfuls baby spinach – more to taste3 scallions- sliced
- Optional garnishes – toasted sesame seeds, avocado, cilantro, sprouts
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ⅓ cup soya sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chile sauce or sriracha
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 3 fat cloves garlic – finely minced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta and cook according to directions.
- Make dressing, stirring ingredients into a medium bowl.
- During the last couple of minutes of cooking the pasta add the veggies that need a quick blanching, directly into the boiling pasta for 1-2 minutes until they turn bright green (broccoli, asparagus, snow peas, edamame)
- Drain and rinse pasta and veggies with cold running water until chilled.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the top and add tofu, baby spinach a handful at a time, tossing everything together well.
- Toss in scallions. Taste, add salt and more chili sauce if you like.
Serve in individual bowls with optional garnishes.